Someone has said, “A reputation once broken may possibly be repaired, but the world will always keep its eyes on the spot where the crack was.” But don’t lament that crack, if that be your lot, for it may be to your advantage in helping redeem the world. Consider 1Timothy 1:16 and Matthew 5:16. HJS
Tag Archive for Name
• Found three (3) times in Bible. Ac.11:26; 26:28; 1 Pt.4:16
• Implies discipleship. Ac.11:26
• New name of God’s choosing for His elect. Is.62:1,2; Ac.11:18-26
• Subject of prophecy. Is.62:2
• Demands persuasion. Ac.26:28; Ro.1:16; 1Cr.1:21
• Takes endurance & faith to wear. 1Pt.4:16
• It is a name of great honor and responsibility. Re.2:17
• Not given in derision but to be glorified & not shamed. 1Pt.4:16
• Given to signify God’s true chosen people and new nation today. Is.65:1-2,15-17; Re.3:12; Ga.6:15,16; Ro.2:24,28,29
• Bears the name of Christ.Ac.4:12
Why wear any other name?
Are you a Christian?